Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I found it......I finally found it.........

my missing digital camera.... :-)))))  YIPPEE!!!!  It is a clear sign, that I am finally making progress on the declutter project.

I lost it in my yarn storage room....a little over 8 months ago, and after days spent searching for it...depression over how damaging my clutter had become...I gave up and bought a new one!  A red one, which is so bright in color it is hard to lose.  The bad news is I now have TWO digital cameras, plus my clunky original.  What do you do with old digital cameras......does anyone know?

How many cameras do you own?  How many do you actually use?  I have an old yashica 35 mm with all the paraphenalia, at least 3 other cameras....a polaroid......and I only use my digital.  This is the perfect example of how our lives get cluttered with age.  How many of us, buy new and never dispose of the old, because that one item does not take up much space, and someone may want it......?  It is left somewhere, and never dealt with......and then in comes another replacement, and that is well tucked in a drawer or a closet....

It is fine when you are 25, but as the years progress, it is not one or two extra cameras....it is several.

One great way to begin to declutter your life, is pick any one thing you own.......and create a treasure hunt...and take the proceeds from the sales of the duplicates and do something really fun....or buy something decadent, like a great box of chocolates or go to that broadway play you have wanted to see..take those dance lessons you always wanted to do..plan a family trip....hire a professional organizer, to help you, declutter your home.  In short, use that found money.......to make your life better.....

Now that is a Win/ Win proposition......Less stuff to care for.....in exchange for something Enjoyable!  You are worth it!!!

Smiles to you,
Dee Cluttering

No comments: